SharePoint Workflow transformation to Power Automate
Reed Robison spotlights SharePoint Workflow transformation to Power Automate, a new workshop available to Premier and Unified Support customers.
Earlier this year, Microsoft announced the retirement of SharePoint 2010 Workflows.
As part of the evolution of the Microsoft 365 service, we periodically evaluate the capabilities of the service to make sure that we’re delivering the utmost value to customers. After careful consideration, we concluded that for SharePoint 2010 workflows, Microsoft 365 customers would be better served by modern workflow solutions.
2013 Workflows will eventually follow a similar retirement path, so it’s important to consider your long-term strategy for modernizing workflow solutions.
If you have a Premier or Unified Support relationship with Microsoft, be sure to talk with your CSAM about how we can help. Following the announcement of the retirement of SharePoint 2010 workflows, we released a new workshop: SharePoint Workflow transformation to Power Automate.
Power Platform is positioned as the path forward for SharePoint Workflows.
The SharePoint Workflow transformation to Power Automate workshop is targeted toward a Business and IT audience. The engagement focuses on workflow assessment (SharePoint 2010 Workflows in SharePoint Online) and migration guidance to Power Automate in a discovery and hands-on learning event. It provides information about the presence of SharePoint 2010 Workflows in the SharePoint Online tenant and knowledge transfer on migration guidance to Power Automate.
You learn key concepts and follow migration guidance as you work side-by-side with Microsoft resources to enable a starting point for transforming your business processes — migrating from legacy SharePoint 2010 Workflow service to modern Power Automate technology.
Participants are expected to have basic knowledge on the Microsoft 365 technologies that are used to develop the solution during Hackathon. This training also assumes you have a fundamental understanding of Power Automate and an environment ready to use. If you need to help getting your Power Platform fundamentals in place first – start with some of the workshops listed here.
The delivery comprises of the following activities.
- SharePoint 2010 Workflows discovery
- Workflows vs Power Automate comparison/training.
- Hackathon – Transforming a SharePoint Designer SharePoint 2010 Workflow to Power Automate flow.
After attending this training, participants will be able to
- Understand the footprint of SharePoint 2010 Workflows in the environment.
- Learn the features and functionality differences between Workflows and Power Automate.
- Migrate a sample SharePoint Designer SharePoint 2010 Workflow to Power Automate flow (manual conversion)
- Migrate a SharePoint 2010 Workflow from target environment to Power Automate (manual conversion) as a Proof of Concept.
This event helps gaining knowledge on the successor (Power Automate flows) to SharePoint Workflows by focusing on,
- Discussing like to like features.
- Discussing the alternatives where corresponding Workflow features/functionality does not exist in Power Automate flows
- Exploring Power Automate flows technology.
- Driving business Innovation
- Encouraging empowered teams
- Increase in Productivity.
What does the agenda look like for this engagement?
- Run automated SharePoint 2010 Workflow discovery against the target SharePoint Online environment.
- Understand the feature/functionality difference and comparison between Workflows and Power Automate flows.
- Converting a sample SharePoint Designer SharePoint 2010 Workflow to Power Automate flow.
- Transform – Transform a SharePoint 2010 Workflow from your environment to Power Automate flow via a Hackathon.
Target Audience & Scope
- This Hackathon is intended for Business Users and IT Pros who currently work with Microsoft 365 Apps/Services.
- There is no Power Automate training provided as part of this delivery. We strongly recommend that the participants have prior knowledge on Power Automate technology
- The assessment is targeted towards SharePoint Online environment only.
- The scope of this IP is limited to business processes that are using SharePoint 2010 Workflow service
- The assessment can be run against any one of the target environments.
- For Day-2 Hackathon, we strongly recommend the focus area confined to one Workflow conversion for all the participants.
Microsoft Premier and Unified Support Customers can learn more by contacting their Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM) who can help with scheduling, scoping, and/or assisting you with your journey to Power Platform.
this article is very gooood