Xamarin and Microsoft Create the New Standard for Enterprise Mobility
Today and tomorrow, Microsoft is hosting their annual Visual Studio Connect(); event and we were honored to join with them in the announcement of an expansion of our partnership to include the tools, services, training, and workflow that organizations need to go mobile quickly. During the live streamed event, Microsoft executives and technical experts present new products, integrations, and innovative technologies to the .NET community, including live demos and Q & A. Since launching our global partnership with Microsoft at Connect (); in 2013, we’ve helped countless organizations build amazing apps, and deepened our relationship to include same-day Visual Studio 2015 support and special benefits for MSDN subscribers.
This year, we’ve gone even bigger to include an entire DevOps workflow, from design to continuous innovation and developer education. We’re making it easier than ever for our customers to use products and tools they love to deliver the highest quality, enterprise-ready apps, including:
- Xamarin integrations for Office 365 Services, Azure Active Directory, and Azure App Service: Simplify mobile development by quickly adding scenarios to your apps with Xamarin-compatible NuGet packages, including SSO with Azure Active Directory, Exchange / Outlook email notifications, Office 365 calendaring, and access to OneDrive or Sharepoint 365 files.
- Xamarin and Microsoft Intune interoperability: Secure your Xamarin apps with Intune’s comprehensive security features, such as SSO, encrypting device data, and restricting specific in-app actions.
- Xamarin Test Cloud and Visual Studio Team Services integration: Use Visual Studio Team Services to build Android Xamarin apps, kick off automated tests on Xamarin Test Cloud’s 2,000 devices, view test results from your Visual Studio Team Services Test Hub, and connect to TFS CI for completely agile development.
- Xamarin University for Visual Studio Dev Essentials: Visual Studio Dev Essentials members get free access to select Xamarin University course recordings and materials to jumpstart native app development with expert-led training.
- Xamarin and Microsoft Imagine enhancements: it’s even easier for students to get started with mobile development by requesting and activating complimentary Xamarin subscriptions straight from the DreamSpark catalog. Students automatically receive VS 2015 bundled with Xamarin project templates. Additionally, Microsoft Student Partners are equipped with hands-on demo workshops and presentations, allowing even more students to go mobile with Visual Studio, Azure, and Xamarin.
The virtual event also showcased a live Xamarin demo, including our wearables support, iOS and Android Designers, and Xamarin 4’s improved experience for building native iOS apps with VS.
With these announcements, we’re looking forward to helping our global customers be more productive and solve business problems at a rapid pace.
To learn more about Xamarin and Microsoft, visit xamarin.com/microsoft.