October Xamarin and .NET Developer Events
Find the full list of developer engagements through our Community page. There are links to local Meetups, Github, and StackOverflow accounts, as well as the developer Twitter, Gitter, and Facebook pages. As always, remember to add your events to the Xamarin Events Forums and tweet your upcoming Xamarin and .NET related events to @XamarinEvents to be included in next month’s event blog!
October Community Standup
Join the Xamarin PM and Engineering teams for their monthly .NET Community Standup live stream this Thursday at 10AM (Pacific). Each month, the team covers all of the great community contributions such as blogs, presentations, and awesome libraries. Head on over to the new .NET Community Standup Homepage for weekly live shows, community content, demos, Q&A, and discussions around .NET.
Developer Events in October:
- Melbourne, Australia | Melbourne Mobile: Xamarin Mobile Meetup
- Redmond, WA. USA | Seattle Mobile .NET Developers: Why I wish I wrote my app in F# with Frank Krueger
- Online – São Paulo | Developers-BR: Xamarin Forms OR Classic Xamarin, which one should I learn first?
- Online – São Paulo | .NET Sao Paulo: Xamarin.Forms: Coding in the Dark
- Rochester, NY. USA | Rochester Xamarin Meetup: Introduction to Xamarin.Forms Shell
- San Francisco, CA. USA | Microsoft Reactor San Francisco: Microsoft tools, services, and infrastructure that can make AI real for organizations
- Irving, TX. USA | DFW Mobile .NET: Getting started with The Uno Platform
- Minneapolis, MN. USA | Minnesota Enterprise Mobile: Automated Mobile Application Testing with Appium
- Morrisville, NC. USA | Raleigh Mobile .NET Developres Group: Monthly Xamarin Meetup
- Greenwich, CT. USA | Greenwich .NET User Group: Cosmos DB for the .NET Developer
- Veenendaal, Netherlands | Dutch Mobile .NET Developers: Xamarin with James Montemagno
- Stockholm, Sweden | Coding After Work: What’s New, Hot, & Awesome for Xamarin Developers with James Montemagno
- Florianópolis, Brazil | Xamarin Summit 2019 in Florianópolis: A great gathering of the Brazilian Xamarin developer community, enabling a totally supportive environment for sharing experiences and networking. (Discount tickets available!)
- Cologne, Germany | Expert Day for Xamarin: Experts from all around the world will share their knowledge and experience about the latest and greatest for Xamarin. This day will be full of fun with good sessions, great friends and memorable conversations.
Catch James in Europe this October
What an amazing year with so many amazing announcements for Xamarin developers. Between Build, Xamarin Developer Summit, and .NET Conf there truly has been something for everyone. Now, James wants to take this Xamarin goodness on the road for a two week Europe Xamarin roadshow! Working closely with user group leaders all over Europe to set up a great schedule.
The .NET ecosystem is continuously growing and empowering developers to create amazing applications. Join us as we take a look at the APIs, the tooling, and some of the interesting projects being created in the .NET ecosystem.
- Browse through Channel 9’s On .NET for tons of great content.
The Xamarin Show is all about native cross-platform mobile development for iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows with Xamarin. Join your host James Montemagno and his guests as they discuss building mobiles apps, integrating SDKs, extending mobile apps, and the latest Xamarin news. They also cover awesome apps mobile developers are building, and so much more.
- Tune into The Xamarin Show to create amazing applications.
Keep up with the latest in mobile and cloud development with the official Visual Studio Mobile Developer podcast. Join your hosts Matt Soucoup and James Montemagno as they discuss the latest and greatest in native cross-platform mobile and cloud development in C#, Xamarin, and Azure.
- Subscribe to the Xamarin Podcast for monthly updates.
Join us for special Microsoft events, training opportunities, and talk shows with some of the folks that build the Microsoft tools and frameworks. We’ll also host channels from technical community members that we know you’ll find interesting.
- Learn more about .NET, .NET Core, and Visual Studio through the Visual Studio Twitch.
- Follow Jeff Fritz on Twitch to watch him write .NET code live for websites and applications.
- Get content related to mobile app design & development with a heavy emphasis on UX, Xamarin, and collaboration with David Ortinau on Twitch.
- Hang with James Montemagno on Twitch Fridays at 2PM PST for .NET Coding, Xamarin, GitHub, & more.
- Watch Toronto Mobile Developers live stream their next user group event.
- Find localized content from LATAM by MVPs and community leaders.
Meetups are a great and fun way of meeting other like-minded developers, and joining one couldn’t be easier. Learn tricks & tips, discover the latest Xamarin and .NET have to offer or come just to be inspired.
- Get the most from browsing our Community page!
Find presentations for building native mobile applications for iOS and Android with .NET and Xamarin. Inside of each presentation folder contains PowerPoint presentation decks and README files containing information on the presentation.
- Browse through the Xamarin Community Slide Decks
Find a .NET Conf Local Event in October!
There are still tons of .NET Conf watch parties and post-conf presentations happenning all over the world! Meetup groups have all the technical content, promotion, and SWAG needed for an awesome .NET Conf event. Watch the recorded keynote and announcements at www.dotnetconf.net or on the Visual Studio YouTube Channel. Share your stories, watch the stream, and have fun learning with your local community!
Join the .NET Foundation Meetup Pro Account and get support for your user group to:
- Cover Meetup fees;
- Promote your upcoming events;
- Access fun swag and giveaway items;
- Share the latest content for presentations;
- Provide news about upcoming releases and how to get involved.
Additionally, utilize user group analytics, group visibility, and direct user group support for content and speakers. Join the .NET Foundation in October!
Find the full list of developer engagements through our Community page. With links to Meetups, Github, and StackOverflow accounts, as well as the developer Twitter, Gitter, and Facebook pages. Make sure to follow @XamarinEvents for upcoming Xamarin and .NET related events near you!