Virtual Xamarin and .NET Events in April
We hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy. This month we are doing something a little different when it comes to upcoming .NET and Xamarin events. We are shifting our focus to awesome, new ways to stay active in your local community, virtually! There is exciting content from the community, teams at Microsoft, and great videos to “binge” watch all from the comfort of home. If you are a user group leader we are also here to help you throw a virtual event!
Upcoming Virtual Meetups
Wednesday, April 8th
- Seattle Mobile .NET User Group: What’s new in Visual Studio for Mac for .NET Devs
Wednesday, April 15th
- Arizona Xamarin Developer Group: Xamarin Shell & CICD with MS App Center or DevOps
Thursday, April 16th
- Minnesota Enterprise Mobile User Group: How to Bind a 3rd Party Library for Xamarin
- Microsoft Italy: .NET Conf – Focus on Xamarin Milano Edition
Thursday, April 23rd
- Xamarin Cologne User Group: Building cross platform desktop applications with .NET – Konrad Müller
Saturday, April 25th
- Orlando .NET User Group: Global Azure Virtual Event
Tuesday, April 28th
- Birmingham .NET & Xamarin User Group: Azure Function with Layla Porter
Host a Virtual Meetup
If you are a user group leader, we are here to help you host a virtual meetup & find presenters. The .NET Foundation has a great ongoing conversation about several different platforms to host a meetup on. We also recorded a full tutorial with our friend Jon Galloway using Microsoft Teams’ new Live Event feature to host a meetup. If you are using meetup.com for scheduling your user group events, they recently added a new Online Event Feature to streamline hosting a meetup with one of these services.
Content & Speakers
To spark some ideas for topics to present at your user group, browse our recent online conferences. All content including slides, videos, and code from the recent .NET Conf focus events and the Visual Studio for Mac Refresh(); event are available online.
- .NET Conf – Focus on Blazor: All things Blazor with tons of great content
- Visual Studio for Mac Refresh();: Hours of content on all topics of .NET development on a Mac.
- .NET Conf – Focus on Xamarin: 14 packed sessions on Xamarin!
For speakers, look no further than our amazing Microsoft MVPs, who love to present on all the .NET topics. When in doubt, we are here to help with a new Xamarin User Group Speaker Request Form. Tell us a little about your user group, dates you are looking to host, and what topic you are interested in. Then, we will try to pair you with someone from the Xamarin team to present at your user group!
Watch a Streamer
You may already know that the .NET teams host weekly live community stand-ups to participate in. However, did you know that the Xamarin community is also super active on live-streaming sites, such as Twitch?
We have assembled a full list of streamers that stream throughout the week. Be sure to follow each one of them to stay up to date.
Join a .NET Stand-up
Multiple times a week the .NET teams meet online to talk about the latest across all .NET products. Find live, upcoming, and past episodes on new .NET Community Stand-up website. This includes the Xamarin Community Stand-up tomorrow, April 2nd, at 10 AM PST with a full tooling update by Pierce Boggan and Maddy Legar.
Virtual .NET Conf Event – Focus on Xamarin
Last week, was our largest virtual Xamarin event of the year with .NET Conf – Focus on Xamarin.
With over nine hours of content, between fourteen sessions from the Xamarin team and community members, there is tons of awesome content to binge-watch. This is because they are all available on demand! View the full playlist on both Channel 9 and YouTube. Enjoy!