January Events for Xamarin and .NET Developers
New year, tons of awesome new ways to kick off your resolutions with Xamarin and .NET related events this January. Explore all the recent news and updates with your community at developer Meetups around the world. Including online, virtual events to watch from the comfort of your home!
Discover the full list of developer engagements through our Community page. Find links to local Meetups, Github, and StackOverflow accounts. As well as the developer Twitter, Gitter, and Facebook pages. Remember to add your events to the Xamarin Events Forum and don’t forget to tweet your upcoming events to @XamarinEvents to be included in next month’s event blog!
Below are just a few opportunities this month to catch some amazing Xamarin and .NET related content.
Developer Events in January:
- Sao Paulo, Brazil | Developers-BR: [ONLINE] Introduction to ML.Net
- Beaverton, OR. USA | PADNUG: Jeremy Morgan: Building Tomorrow’s Apps with Blazor
- Morrisville, NC. USA | Triangle .NET User Group: What’s New in .NET Core 3.1 and C# 8
- Des Moines, IA. USA | Iowa .NET User Group: [.NET@Noon] Resilient smart homes with Docker & .NET Core on a Raspberry Pi
- Jacksonville, FL. USA | Jacksonville Developers Users Group (JaxDug): Building a new Blazor app with Sayed Hashimi
- Salt Lake City, UT. USA | The SLC .NET User Group: A journey into NoSQL Databases with Azure Cosmos DB – Kaleb Pederson
- Montréal, QC. Canada | Montreal Mobile .NET Developers: Xamarin Forms, WebAssembly, Uno Platform 2.0 and beyond
- Spokane, WA. USA | Spokane .NET Users Group: C# 8 with Mark Michaelis
- Minneapolis, MN. USA | Minnesota Enterprise Mobile: Going Indy? What are you afraid of?
- Edmonton, AB. USA | Edmonton .NET User Group: Cutting development time by over 50% with code generation
- Roseville, CA. USA | Sacramento / Placer Users of DotNet: NEW year review 📆 / 2020 Planning 📝/ Code Anarchy 🐵
101 .NET Video Tutorials
Discover the world of .NET Core with experts like Scott Hanselman and Kendra Havens from Microsoft. They walk through the ins and outs of .NET and how to build your first app.
- Check out our newest 101 video tutorial series for .NET!
The .NET ecosystem is continuously growing and empowering developers to create amazing applications. Join us as we take a look at the APIs, the tooling, and some of the interesting projects being created in the .NET ecosystem.
- Browse through Channel 9’s On .NET for tons of great content.
The Xamarin Show is all about native cross-platform mobile development for iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows with Xamarin. Join your host James Montemagno and guests as they discuss building mobiles apps, integrating SDKs, and extending mobile apps. As well as the latest Xamarin news. They also cover awesome apps mobile developers are building, and so much more.
- Tune into The Xamarin Show to create amazing applications.
Keep up with the latest in mobile and cloud with the official Visual Studio Mobile Developer podcast. Join your co-hosts Matt Soucoup and James Montemagno as they discuss what’s new in native cross-platform mobile and cloud development in C#, Xamarin, and Azure.
- Subscribe to the Xamarin Podcast for monthly updates.
Join us for special Microsoft events, training opportunities, and talk shows with folks that build the Microsoft tools and frameworks. We’ll also host channels from technical community members that we know you’ll find interesting.
- Learn more about .NET, .NET Core, and Visual Studio through the Visual Studio Twitch.
- Follow Jeff Fritz on Twitch to watch him write .NET code live for websites and applications.
- Get content related to mobile app design & development with a heavy emphasis on UX, Xamarin, and collaboration with David Ortinau on Twitch.
- Hang with James Montemagno on Twitch Fridays at 2PM PST for .NET Coding, Xamarin, GitHub, & more.
- Watch Toronto Mobile Developers live stream their next user group event.
- Find localized content from LATAM by MVPs and community leaders.
Meetups are a fun way to meet other like-minded developers and now, joining couldn’t be easier. Learn tricks & tips, discover the latest in Xamarin and .NET, or come just to be inspired.
- Get the most from browsing our Community page!
Find presentations for building native mobile applications for iOS and Android with .NET and Xamarin. Each presentation folder contains PowerPoint presentation decks and README files with information on the presentation.
- Browse through the Xamarin Community Slide Decks
Get More Out of .NET
Join the .NET Foundation Meetup Pro Account! With more than 340 groups in over 60 countries, there is a local developer group for everyone! Not seeing events in your area? Get the following support to start your own User Group by joining the .NET Foundation:
- Meetup fee coverage;
- Promotion of upcoming events;
- Access to swag and giveaway items;
- Free technical content for presentations;
- User group analytics and group visibility;
- News about upcoming releases and how to get involved.
Find the full list of developer engagements this January through our Community page. Find links to Meetups, Github, and StackOverflow accounts. As well as the developer Twitter, Gitter, and Facebook pages. Follow @XamarinEvents for upcoming Xamarin and .NET related events near you!