.NET Virtual Events in August
Let’s take your development skills to the next level in this new virtual reality! Below are just a few of the amazing online events, streams, and videos for you to tune into this August. As well as ways to stay active with your developer communities through upcoming .NET and Xamarin events. Get lots of exciting content provided by the teams at Microsoft and the global community. Read on to find out more about events this month and information to help you host your own virtual experiences!
Virtual Conferences in August
- Xamarin Summit Live: The most traditional meeting of Xamarin developer people in Latin America of the Brazilian community, allowing a totally favorable environment for the exchange of experiences and networking.
- UnoConf 2020: an online conference for the complete Uno community – engineering team, influencers, code contributors as well as those wishing to learn more about it. Bringing together speakers from Microsoft, the Uno team, and community for a ½ day online event.
Virtual Meetups in August
Saturday, August 1
- XHackers – .Net Mobile Developers: XHackers Xamarin Meetup Aug 2020 – Adaptive UI & FreshMvvm Practices
Monday, August 3
- S.NET Developers Association – Westside: Developing for Multiple Devices with the Uno Platform
Wednesday, August 5
- .NET User Group of BC: Introduction to Open Source Uno Platform
- Indy .NET Consortium: .NET MAUI – The Next Step For Write Once Run Anywhere
Thursday, August 13
- XAFers Arizona User Group: XAFers Community Standup – Testing, DevOps and more!
Wednesday, August 19th
Thursday, August 20th
- Minnesota Enterprise Mobile: Want Good Looking Xamarin Navigation? ViewModels!
Wednesday, August 26
- Southeast Valley .NET User Group: Level up on Functional Programming by rebuilding LINQ
- North West Valley .NET User Group: Level up on Functional Programming by rebuilding LINQ
.NET Foundation’s .NET Virtual User Group Program
The .NET Foundation has been working on a new initiative to help .NET user groups go virtual – The .NET Virtual User Group program! Let the .NET Foundation take care of all of the streaming so you can focus in on making your meetup awesome and enable developers around the world join in. Submit your user group session, get scheduled, and get your event promoted! It is a great way to engage with the broader .NET community and keep your user group going while we are still social distancing. Join the .NET Virtual User Groups to find awesome upcoming user group sessions from around the world!
Build 2020 Recaps and Recordings
Get all the Microsoft Build 2020 Recaps and Recordings completely free from our 48 hour virtual event. There are several keynotes, general sessions, and recaps from the two days for Xamarin and .NET developers.
Watch the .NET Team Stream
Discover live community stand-ups every week! And did you know that the Xamarin community is also super active on live-streaming sites, such as Twitch?
Here is a full list of .NET streamers that stream throughout the week. Be sure to follow them to stay up to date.
Join a .NET Stand-up
Multiple times a week the .NET teams meet online to talk about the latest news across all .NET products. Find live, upcoming, and past episodes on the new .NET Community Stand-up website. Including the upcoming Xamarin Community Stand-up on Thursday, August 6th.
Re-watch .NET Conf – Focus on Xamarin
Our largest virtual Xamarin event of the year has over nine hours of content! Between fourteen sessions from the Xamarin team and community members. all of this awesome content is available on demand. View the full playlist on