Announcing PowerShell Crescendo 1.1.0 General Availability (GA)
We’re pleased to announce the availability of PowerShell Crescendo 1.1.0. Crescendo is a framework to rapidly develop PowerShell cmdlets for common command line tools, regardless of platform.
The release is now available for download on the PowerShell Gallery.
Making Cmdlets with PowerShell Crescendo
Crescendo is a development accelerator enabling you to rapidly build PowerShell cmdlets that leverage existing command-line tools. Crescendo amplifies the command-line experience of the original tool to include object output for the PowerShell pipeline, privilege elevation, and integrated help information. A Crescendo module replaces cumbersome command-line tools with PowerShell cmdlets that are easier to use in automation and packaged to share with team members.
The 1.1 GA release includes the following features and benefits:
- Updated schema to support additional features for this release.
- Prevent overwrite of the module manifest and allow for module manifest adaptations.
- Ability to bypass the output handler when the output of the native command doesn’t need to be transformed.
- Improved error stream and error handling with
- Added ability for parameter values to be translated via key/value pair with
- Improved code generation to reduce PSScriptAnalyzer output.
- Improved error handling by setting
$PSNativeCommandUseErrorActionPreference = $false.
- Improved module metadata and added current Crescendo version to the module.
For more information about these changes, see What’s new in Crescendo 1.1.
- Microsoft.PowerShell.Crescendo requires PowerShell 7.2 or higher
- Crescendo generated cmdlets require PowerShell 5.1 or higher
To install Microsoft.PowerShell.Crescendo:
Install-Module -Name Microsoft.PowerShell.Crescendo
To install Microsoft.PowerShell.Crescendo using the new PSResourceGet:
Install-PSResource -Name Microsoft.PowerShell.Crescendo
To get started using Crescendo, check out the documentation.
We value your ideas and feedback and hope you give Crescendo a try. Stop by our GitHub repository and let us know of any issues you find or features you would like added.