Multi-line test steps available in Microsoft Test Manager, among other things…
Along with the launch of the Team Foundation Service preview we announced at the BUILD conference, we released a new client patch for the VS 2010 family of products. You can get it here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=212065&clcid=0x409 (or you can find the link on the Team Foundation Preview service web page). You’ll see that it’s called “Visual Studio 2010 SP1 TFS Compatibility GDR” but it’s actually got a few things of interest in it. It’s a roll up of recent fixes and improvements. Here’s a list of the most significant ones:
- The update gets its name from the fact that it includes changes necessary to the 2010 client to allow it to work with a TFS 11 server – including our Team Foundation Service Preview.
- The biggest “news” is the addition of support for multi-line test steps in Microsoft Test Manager. It’s mentioned in the #1 suggestion for Visual Studio Test and Lab Management. I’m super excited about being able to bring this feature out quickly.
- KB2522890 – Team Explorer Crashes when opening build from TFS 2008
- KB2552300 – Gated Checkins fail with the “Preserve local Changes” option
- KB2561827 – DiffMerge closes with unhandled exception when comparing two files.
Yes, I know, I know, the KB article hasn’t been published yet. This was the last straw for me and I’ve raised a bit of a ruckus about it. I think I’m getting the attention of the right people to start fixing this problem. I’ve set a clear goal to have the KB articles available the same day the update is available.