Managing the Developer Division Dogfood instance of Team Foundation Server is always a real challenge. The server is so big and has so many users and those users impose so much load that it has been a continuous effort to understand the performance of the system and to figure out how to improve it.
For at least 2 years I (and others) have complained that our Team System web site on MSDN was stale, hard to navigate, incomplete and more. Finally, several months ago, we made the decision to hire a web site manager to give us a web site we could be proud of.
Within the last couple of weeks, we released an important update to the Team System Web Access 2008 SP1 Power Tool. The update includes only one change and it fixes a significant security issue that we discovered. I’m not going to describe it in detail,