I'm A VB: Mayur Tendulkar
· How long have you been using VB?
From 2001. I’m in love with Visual Basic, because of its simplicity and magic…
· What industry do you work in?
Academic and IT Industry.
· How big is your development team?
College Project team: 5. In company: 4.
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
Web, mobile and mobile-web applications.
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
AutoResponder: This app can be used on Windows Mobile devices to automatically respond to a voice call. So if there is a meeting, my phone will go on Meeting (or vibrate) mode and all incoming calls/SMS will be replied with a set text.
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
LiveSync: This will be an application/add-in for Outlook to sync Twitter updates + Facebook + Yahoo + Google + Live contacts and calendar all into one place. I’m using .NET Framework 4.0 + VB.NET + VSTO + Live Framework for this…
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
.NET Framework, VB.NET, Windows Mobile SDKs, ASP.NET, etc.
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
The easy to understand and readable syntax, without brackets. Also, most of the new language features in VB9 and VB10.
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
Its simplicity J
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.
Are you a VB, too? Submit your story here!