I'm A VB: Abbass El-Outa
· How long have you been using VB?
I have been using VB for 7 years. I started with Visual Basic 6, and 3 years later I learnt VB.net.
· What industry do you work in?
-Computer hardware and software maintenance. -Web Design and Windows-based software development.
· How big is your development team?
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
Multipurpose Windows-based applications.
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
An application that contains 6 sub applications in it. From customizable calculator and calendar, to units conversion, messenger, and others.
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
I’m working on an application that captures errors on remote computers and uploads a log file to the FTP server. This will help me in maintenance with clients around the world. This application is supposed to check some entries, system status, and takes a copy of the processes that are open.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
Mostly I code C++ in Windows, and PHP in my web design, as well as ASP.NET. I find ASP.NET easier because of my background in VB.NET, but PHP is an interesting scripting language as well. Besides, I code other languages.
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
-Try, Catch -MessageBox -Error Trapping -Link of all the contents together, where 2 components can easily communicate together to return a specific function.
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
It is a rapid application development environment, and that makes it favorable and easy. It combines coding skills with visual and graphical view.
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.