Community Interview with Sophia Salim (Beth Massi)
This past month we’ve been posting interviews with the team from our Italian Visual Basic MVP Alessandro Del Sole. This time we have Sophia Salim, a Tester on the VB Compiler. I’m very happy to see Sophia reach out to the community and am looking forward to more interesting posts from her here. I’m always interested in what really goes on inside that compiler.
Check out the Visual Basic Team page for pictures and bios and visit the home page of the Visual Basic Developer Center for a link to all these interviews as well.
Here’s the interview with Sophia:
1. Nice to meet you Sophia Salim! Let’s begin by asking a simple question: where are you from?
2. We all know that you’re a Visual Basic Team member, but could we know something more about your role inside the Team?
I am working as an SDET for the VB compiler team
3. What’s your favorite Visual Basic feature regarding the language and/or the IDE?
It has to be XLINQ!!
4. How long have you been working for Microsoft and what was your occupation before joining the VB Team?
2 years (almost) … It has been software engineering ever since I finished school
5. Why do you think VB is such a great language?
Because you can literally use it out of the box. It is so easy to learn, and you can do amazing things even with the most basic knowledge.
6. Have you ever been to Italy?
Nope, but I would love to go
7. Would you like to tell us something about your life outside the office (how do you like to spend your free time, what do you like to do when/if you go out in the evening or when you’re at home and so on)?
It mostly revolves around friends, but nothing beats reading a good book over a hot cup of coffee
8. Who is your favorite musician?
These days it is Coldplay
9. What’s your favorite food?
Chocolate, esp. the darker kind
Thank you very much for taking time to answer these questions and letting us know something more about you!