The PIX downloads on this website are for use on Windows 10. If you are an Xbox developer, use the version of PIX that is included with the GDK instead.
Visit the DirectX Landing Page for more resources for DirectX developers.
Subscribe to the RSS feed to get updates when new versions of PIX are released.
In general we recommend using the latest available driver for your GPU.
- Download: PIX-2108.18
- Announcement: PIX 2108.18: New programmatic capture APIs and much more
- WinPixEventRuntime (documentation)
- PIX-2107.01 (PIX-2107.01 – GPU Event List Navigation Aids and Column Statistics)
- PIX-2104.20 (PIX 2104.20: DirectX 12 Agility SDK Support, New Occupancy Graphs)
- PIX-2103.16 (PIX 2103.16 – Recently Launched Apps, Environment Variables, Camera Improvements in the Mesh Viewer)
- PIX-2101.27 (PIX 2101.27 – AMD raytracing counters, DXIL improvements, and more)
- PIX-2010.26 (PIX 2010.26 – Updated Command List Execution View & Descriptor Heap Viewer)
- PIX-2008.26 (PIX 2008.26 – Our biggest update to GPU captures since 2017)
- PIX-2007.29 (PIX 2007.29 – Dark Theme and bug fixes)
- PIX-2006.26 (PIX 2006.26 – Fence Signal/Wait Arrows in GPU Captures)
- PIX-2004.27 (PIX 2004.27 – Buffer viewer improvements, CPU Memory and File IO Data in Timing Captures)
- PIX-2003.26 (PIX 2003.26 – DirectX 12 Ultimate and DXIL debugging)
- PIX-1911.27 (PIX 1911.27 – New Buffer Formatter and Capture from Launch)
- PIX-1909.23 (PIX 1909.23 – New timing capture features, performance improvements and bug fixes)
- PIX-1908.16 (PIX 1908.16 – Minor update, fixes some shader debugging issues)
- PIX-1908.02 (PIX 1908.02 – Fixes for customer issues, plus DXR and New Timing Capture improvements)
- PIX-1906.26 (PIX 1906.26 – Minor update fixes PIX on Insider Preview builds of Windows)
- PIX-1906.14 (PIX 1906.14 – GPU Timing in New Timing Captures)
- PIX-1904.23 (PIX 1904.23 – New Timing Capture preview and improved DXIL shader debugging)
- PIX-1904.01 (repackaging of PIX-1903.26 – Occupancy for Turing GPUs and Variable Rate Shading that fixes an installation error on non-English versions of Windows)
- PIX-1903.26 (PIX-1903.26 – Occupancy for Turing GPUs and Variable Rate Shading)
- PIX-1903.12 (PIX-1903.12 – High Frequency Counters)
- PIX-1901.28 (PIX-1901.28 – Timing Data improvements and support for new GPUs)
- PIX-1812.14 (PIX-1812.14 – Playback Adapter Selection)
- PIX-1810.24 (PIX-1810.24 – Support for final DirectX Raytracing API)
- PIX-1810.02 (PIX-1810.02 – Direct3D11 and WinML)
- PIX-1807.19 (PIX 1807.19 – Shader Table Viewer)
- PIX-1806.20 (PIX 1806.20 – GPU Occupancy for AMD GPUs)
- PIX-1806.11 (PIX 1806.11 – Fence signals and waits visualization, major UI streamlining, new Edit and Continue experience, and more)
- PIX-1803.25 (PIX 1803.25 – GPU Occupancy, CPU sampling, automatic shader PDB resolution, and more)
- PIX 1803.16-raytracing. This release is now redundant. This was a special release of PIX on Windows that added initial experimental support for DirectX Raytracing (DXR). Please read the announcement for details on this release. Going forward, please use the latest version of PIX to capture DXR applications.
- PIX 1711.28 (GPU memory usage, TDR debugging, DXIL shader debugging, and child process GPU capture)
- PIX 1709.18.004 (Dr. PIX bandwidth on AMD and Intel, access tracking for bindless resources, more performance warnings, and pixtool save-resource)
- PIX 1707.25 (counter rollup, new Dr. PIX experiments, pixel kill reason, and pixtool.exe)
- PIX 1706.25.002 (system monitor and timing capture improvements)
- PIX 1705.17 (Intel GPU counters)
- PIX 1705.16 (AMD GPU counters, preliminary DXIL support, and more warnings)
- PIX 1704.27 (D3D12 usage warnings, Dr. PIX, and CPU hotpath analysis)
- PIX 1704.14-servicing (graphics driver compatibility fix)
- PIX 1703.20.002 (NVIDIA GPU counters, file IO traces, shader edit & continue, and pixel cost visualizer)
- PIX 1702.23.002 (visualizers, better warnings UI, memory capture type tracking, and MSAA sample inspection)
- PIX 1701.26 (GPU counter rollup, thread names, and high DPI UI)
- PIX 1701.13 (first beta release)
Multiple versions of PIX can be installed side-by-side. To keep your previous version while installing a newer one, uncheck the “Replace any previously installed versions” box in the PIX installer.