PIX-2212.22-preview: Experimental raygen shader debugging and DXR resource access detection
Today we released PIX-2212.22-preview, available for download here.
If you’re working with DirectX Raytracing (DXR) then please consider trying out these new PIX features and letting us know how things go. Your feedback will help us improve the debugging experience in future PIX releases.
If you aren’t using a feature in the “What’s New” section below then please use the latest main PIX release on our download page.
- Experimental support for raygen shader debugging
- Experimental “shader access tracking” support for DXR shaders, where PIX’s pipeline view tells you which resources were accessed by each shader entry in your raytracing shader tables
- Improved support for new D3D12 features supported in the last PIX preview release, such as Enhanced Barriers.
If you try out these new features in PIX then please contact us with your thoughts and bug reports! The best ways to reach us are via the “Send Feedback” button in the top-right corner of PIX and the DirectX Discord.
- The autos/watch window performance is slow on some PCs. We’re investigating. In the meantime, hiding the tab may work around the problem.
- Raygen shader debugging fails on some games with “E_INVALIDARG”. If you hit this problem then please contact us anyway, and we can confirm if you’re hitting the known issues.
- The time to start analysis and start shader debugging has regressed for some games. We are investigating.