Azure DevOps Blog

DevOps, Git, and Agile updates from the team building Azure DevOps

IBM Rational to Team Foundation Server Integration Tools – Training and Exploration Sandbox

For those that have explored the Getting Started IBM CC-CQTFS Migration 101 Basic Training mentioned in the Getting Started with IBM Rational to Team Foundation Server (TFS) Migrations post, the evaluation and training sandbox environment is nothing new.(image) We are working together with TeamDevCentral who are hosting and managing the ...

Team Foundation Server on Windows Azure: A Rangers dog fooding perspective

Team Foundation Server on Windows Azure was announced at //BUILD/ and has received phenomenal coverage to date. The Visual Studio ALM Rangers have been dog-fooding the technology for some time and I thought it was important to highlight that “we love it” (image)   Are we dog fooding or tinkering? (image) Initially we were exploring...

Learning about the Visual Studio ALM Rangers and how they embrace products announced at //BUILD/

You have all seen the exciting announcements being made at //BUILD/, presenting Visual Studio 11, Team Foundation Server 11, Windows 8 and a new era of targeting platforms across devices, services and the cloud. Visual Studio 11 Readiness The Visual Studio ALM Rangers have been working on their latest conspiracy for a while and now that the ...

VS ALM Library Updates on MSDN for April 2011

Normally, I use this space to discuss the important stuff: me, and the weather in the Pacific Northwest. But not this time. This time it's all about the writers. They are all fine people. Even though, except for one glorious day last Saturday, it has only been above 55 degrees twice since Febuary 1, and no one seems to understand ...

Team Foundation SDK Improved for VS 2010

Back in January, I wrote this post that showed that we really needed to change directions on the SDK content. The major elements of the new approach are Throw out what was there because it wasn't working Deliver a new set of SDK content that covers at least the core elements of the client object model. Add to that based on feedback ...

Need your feedback on the MSDN Library topic: “Extending Visual Studio Application Lifecycle Management”

Would you like to help evaluate how well improvements to this topic work for you? Here's what Allen Clark, the topic's author, wants to accomplish:"I've been working on streamlining some content in an effort to make it easier for you to get the information that you need. The first place I did this was in the Team Foundation SDK, in ...

Team Foundation SDK Feedback

Earlier this year, I noted that I had seen a bad trend in ratings for the Team Foundation SDK content , and that we were going to change course in order to try to correct that. We published the new Team Foundation SDK for VS 2010 in late June, and I've been watching the feedback. Although the SDK content is far from complete, it looks like we'...