Velocity Widget available for the VSTS Analytics Extension
The Velocity Widget provides functionality not available in the Velocity Chart displayed on the Backlog view, such as:
- Show velocity for any team, not just the current team
- Show velocity for any backlog level or work item type, not just the Stories backlog.
- Calculate velocity by sum of any field, not just Story Points. Or, by count of any work item type.
- Show planned vs. actual. Did you deliver what you actually planned?
- Highlight work that was completed late, after the sprint
- It supports sizing to 1×1, for when you just want a tile to show your average velocity:
If you haven’t already, install the Analytics Extension to get access to the Velocity Widget as well as widgets for Lead Time, Cycle Time, and a Cumulative Flow Diagram.
We will be publishing more widgets for the Analytics Extension in the coming months, such as Burndown, Burnup, and Trend. Look for those in upcoming release notes.