Top stories from the VSTS community – 2017.09.29
Here are top stories we found in our streams this week related to DevOps, VSTS, TFS and other interesting topics.
- Creating a CI/CD pipeline on Azure Container Services with Kubernetes and Visual Studio Team Services – Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios
This article will demonstrate how to implement a continuous integration/continuous deployment pipeline for a multi-container app using Azure Container Service, Kubernetes and Visual Studio Team Services (thereafter mentioned as VSTS) Build and Release Management.
- Integration Test Automation – Part 3 – Mikael Krief
In this 3rd post on the Azure Function blog post series, we discuss a topic that’s often forgotten, or set aside – integration testing.
- Barriers to enterprise adoption of DevOps – Caroline Donnelly
Until recently, the DevOps movement was considered off-limits to enterprises, with the naysayers struggling to see how these large, complex and unwieldy organisations could ever hope to emulate the agile software development practices loved by smaller, nimbler start-ups.
- Mistakes to Avoid on Your DevOps Resume: Tips from 20 DevOps Leaders and Hiring Managers – Angela Stringfellow
To help you refine your DevOps resume to perfection, we searched the web for expert advice and reached out to a panel of DevOps leaders, recruiters, and hiring managers and asked for their opinions.
- DevOps with ASP.NET Core and EF Core Workshop – Benjamin Day & Brian Randell
Brian and Ben will walk you through creating an automated DevOps flow using Team Foundation Server 2017 that will allow you to build, test, and deploy your ASP.NET Core & EF Core application. The skills you learn and the things you’ll implement in this workshop will work in either TFS2017 or VSTS.
HAVE SOME FUN
- Chuck Norris Build Enhancer – Mathias Olausson
Add this extension to your build definition and get a Chuck Norris quote to help you keep your builds in shape!
- Getting started with Azure and Terraform – Part 1 – David Strebel
Part 1 of series “getting started with Azure and Terraform”. This covers setting up authentication and creating a basic resource in Azure.
- Microsoft Ignite 2017
Explore the highlights and hours of content from Microsoft Ignite 2017.
TIP: If you want to get your VSTS news in audio form then be sure to subscribe to RadioTFS .
What do you think? How could we do this series better?
Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Add a comment below
- Use the #VSTS hashtag if you have articles you would like to see included