Early Adopters: iOS 5 and Xcode 4 support
To install, use MonoDevelop’s “Check for Updates” feature in the Help menu and select the Beta or Alpha channel.
Beta: Next generation MonoTouch + MonoDevelop updates
The code in our Beta channel is approaching a final release, but needs to be tested in the real world first.
- MonoTouch 4.1.0 – Beta release with many features and improvements, including:
- Debugging over USB
- Smaller executables through our updated linker
- MonoDevelop 2.6 Release Candidate – including many important bugfixes
Alpha: iOS 5 + Xcode 4 support
Our iOS 5 support is complete up to the latest Apple iOS 5 betas, and is intended to be used by developers who want to take advantage of new iOS 5 APIs and already have a copy of the beta from Apple. You can use this with any version of MonoDevelop (2.4, 2.6 or 2.8).
Our Xcode support is an early preview of the integration between MonoDevelop and the Xcode 4 GUI designer. With your help, we hope to get this important update stabilized quickly so that we can release it to all of our customers.
- MonoTouch 4.9.0 – introduces iOS 5 support
- MonoDevelop 2.8 Alpha 1 – our first release with XCode 4 support
- Known problem: fails to copy Icons on build.
We have also produced two tutorials for those of you that want to use XCode 4:
- Transitioning from Xcode 3 to Xcode 4 in Monotouch
- Hello, iPhone – A full tutorial for users new to MonoTouch and XCode 4