iOS and Android Updated
We are happy to announce some nice upgrades for both our Android and iOS users.
MonoTouch 4.2 has been released with many new features and fixes. These are the highlights for this release:
- Debugging over USB
- Mono engine upgraded to Mono 2.10.5
- iOS HTTP Proxy support for all of your HTTP needs
- Improved linker produces smaller executables
- Improved startup time
- Smaller download, even though we managed to bundle the BCL source code for your debugging pleasure
- Various API updates, more strongly typed classes for a smoother development experience
Visit the release notes page for the full details on this release.
Mono for Android 1.2 has been released. These are the highlights of this release:
- Major improvements to Garbage Collection: Our distributed Mono/Java garbage collector has many fixes and performance improvements and we urge anyone using Mono for Android to upgrade.
- The Visual Studio output window will now reflect the Android output, without having to manually require refreshes.
Visit our release page for details on upgrading your Visual Studio add-in or your MonoDevelop addin and the full release notes.
Both of our releases feature various bug fixes and performance improvements that were reported by our user community. Please keep your feedback and bug reports flowing.