Spend more time working on the interesting stuff
There’s a reason that each day thousands of developers take advantage of the rich set of extensions offered by our growing family of VS and VSTS Partners and the broader VS community. Collectively these offerings can save you and your team time in many different ways, from helping find bugs faster, to making it easier to work with data, to helping create great UX.
I’m excited to be here at Connect(); this week where our partners are announcing a slew of exciting new products and updates for developers in tandem with our own developer productivity announcements.
Here’s a quick overview of these updated and new additions to the over 13,000 free and for-pay offerings in the Visual Studio Marketplace that you can take advantage of today:
Enhancing Cross-Platform Development
- PreEmptive Solutions released the latest edition of Dotfuscator Community Edition, containing many new features to bring developers GDPR compliance relief: a new user-friendly interface for configuring Checks, obfuscation support for Unity, .NET Core 2.0 and .NET Standard 2.0, improved support for Xamarin and XAML, and more.
Effortless Database Development
- CData released CosmosDB Drivers, allowing access to Cosmos DB databases from BI, ETL, Analytics, and reporting tools through bi-directional data drivers.
- Alachisoft issued a major upgrade release of NCache 4.8, improving ease-of-use and integrating .NET Core Client, ASP.NET Core Sessions, Entity Framework Core 2.0, Docker Support, and more, so that you can remove data storage and database bottlenecks related to app performance and scale .NET and Java applications to extreme transaction processing.
DevOps at Your Fingertips
- Supercharge your C# debugging experience with OzCode v3.5 Release Candidate. With this release, you can bake quality into your continuous deployment pipeline and utilize features like Conditional Search, which helps developers root-cause complicated bugs in minutes.
- The most downloaded partner extension for Visual Studio Team Services, 7pace Timetracker, released Timetracker4, including a completely new client architecture for HTML and Windows, and compatibility with Team Foundation Server 2018.
- Redgate released a new ReadyRoll Visual Studio Team Services extension, which works with Team Foundation Server 2018 and ReadyRoll Core (included in Visual Studio Enterprise 2017). This release has a great template to make database CI/CD setup quick and easy and has better support for deploying to Azure SQL database. In Redgate’s internal user tests, this took database CI/CD setup down from hours to a few minutes. Join the live webinar on Nov 28th to learn more.
- GitHub will contribute to the GVFS.io open source project and plans to add GVFS support to GitHub.com.
Innovating with Visual Studio
- The Progress Telerik UI for Xamarin team is launching Telerik Tagit – a Xamarin.Forms mobile app designed to turn the photo collection on your phone into a searchable database, powered by Microsoft’s Cognitive Servicers Computer Vision API.
- We welcome CloudRail to the Visual Studio ecosystem. Through unified APIs, CloudRail has made over 50 components available allowing mobile developers to easily integrate with best-of-breed mobile services like OneDrive, Stripe, and Facebook.
- In addition to a new release of the IP*Works! Collection of components for internet communications, payment processing, EDI integration and cloud storage, /n Software announced beta support for Windows IoT and Bluetooth BLE.
- Combit Software GmbH made massive increases in performance in the latest release of their List & Label report generator, enabling a rapid performance report designer suitable for projects of all sizes.
You can learn about these Connect() partner announcements and many more partner technologies in our Post-Connect Webinar Series, launching on December 4th on Channel 9.
And if you haven’t had a chance yet I’d suggest taking a few minutes to check out the Visual Studio Marketplace to see what you might be missing!
|Shawn Nandi, Senior Director – Developer Programs, Partnerships and Planning – Cloud App Dev, Data, and AI Product Marketing @ShawnNandiShawn drives partnerships and business planning for the developer business at Microsoft as well as product marketing for developer programs and subscriptions including Visual Studio Subscriptions and Dev Essentials.