Python Tools for Visual Studio 2.1 RC
Today we released the Python Tools for Visual Studio 2.1 RC for download on CodePlex. Python Tools for Visual Studio (PTVS) is an open-source plug-in for Visual Studio that supports programming with the Python language. PTVS supports a broad range of features including CPython/IronPython, editing, IntelliSense, interactive debugging, profiling, IPython REPL with inline graphics cross-platform/language debugging and running Python websites on Microsoft Azure with tooling integration for both publishing and debugging.
Here are the highlights in today’s release:
- Numerous bug fixes throughout the entire product, especially for IntelliSense and code completions, debugging, general stability and performance
- Search paths within a project are now used for IntelliSense
- Django template debugging now works on Python 3.4
- Anaconda environments can now use ‘conda install’ from PTVS
- The standard string visualizers (HTML, XML, JSON) can now be used when debugging
- Brace highlight color can now be changed
Shahrokh Mortazavi, Partner PM, Visual Studio Cloud Platform Tools
Shahrokh Mortazavi currently works in the Developer Division of Microsoft on Python and Node.js tool chain. Previously, he was in the High Performance Computing group at Microsoft. He worked on the Phoenix Compiler tool chain (code gen, analysis, JIT) at Microsoft Research and for 10 years led Sun Microsystems’ Code Generation & Optimization compiler backend teams.