Workshop Spotlight: Developing Cross-Platform Web Apps with ASP.NET Core
App Dev Manager Reed Robison spotlights the DevOps Fundamentals workshop offered through Microsoft Premier and Unified Support.
Microsoft Premier and Unified Support provides access to a variety of resources to help our customers get the most value out of our technologies. Among these are instructor-led workshops that help developers build a foundation on key technologies and get hands-on time working through examples and labs. There is an extensive workshop catalog available to our customers and these engagements are really effective to get a team up to speed and avoid some of the difficult learning curves that come with both new and established technology. Reach out to your Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM) to learn more about workshops that can help you.
.NET Core: Developing Cross-Platform Web Apps with ASP.NET Core WorkshopPLUS establishes fundamentals of ASP.NET Core before diving into full-stack development techniques. Through a series of instructor-led lectures, demos, and hands-on labs, you will build & deploy a fully functional cross-platform ASP.NET Core application to Azure and on-premise.
With ASP.NET Core, you can:
- Build web apps and services, IoT apps, and mobile backends.
- Use your favorite development tools on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Deploy to the cloud or on-premises.
- Run on .NET Core or .NET Framework.
This is a 4-day workshop, recommended for developers with some previous experience with ASP.NET or open-source technologies such as Node.js and/or Developers looking to build ASP.NET Core web apps or REST services.
This workshop agenda covers the following areas:
- Fundamentals of ASP.NET Core, .NET Core, and .NET Standard, .NET Framework vs. .NET Core, project layout and templates, Razor Pages, CLI, Middleware, and hosting options & configuration
- Model development, Entity Framework Core, code-based modeling, model design, model binding, Fluent API, and scaffolding
- Controller development, model binding and filters, advanced controller design and extensibility, dependency injection (DI), and controller best practices
- View fundamentals, HTML 5 and Bootstrap, scaffolding, and Razor view engine
- Web API
- REST, Web API fundamentals, Web API routing, HTTP messages and content negotiations, hosting and consuming Web API, and Web API usage patterns
- Client-Side Development
- Validation fundamentals, model and UI validation
- Routing and URL fundamentals, MVC routing techniques, conventional and attribute routing, and route debugging
- Fundamental security principles, authentication and authorization scenarios & protocols, OpenID Connect and OAuth, ASP.NET Identity, and ASP.NET Core security threats and defenses
- Cloud Development
- Debugging and diagnostics
- Application Insights
- Hosted Web Apps in Win 10
- Migration to ASP.NET Core
Workshop agenda is subject to change with evolving standards and practices. To learn more about this workshop or to explore other workshops that can help your team build a good foundation and accelerate development efforts, reach out to your CSAM through your Microsoft Premier or Unified Support agreement.
Interesting…. How do I register?
Interested. Is it only for Microsoft partners?
This is a standard workshop offered as part of Premier or Unified Support. If you have a Premier or Unified Support relationship in place with Microsoft, you can reach out to your Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM) or App Dev Manager (ADM) to find a scheduled delivery in your region or plan a dedicated delivery to your team.