5 Things You Didn't Know About Me
Thanks for tagging me Rob (I think :)) I can’t say I’ve ever heard of this game before but I guess I’m in. It seems a bit like a new version of a chain letter (do they every really go away?) but I suppose no harm is done 🙂 I don’t think coming up with interesting things about me is my strength. Overall, I’m a pretty boring guy – mostly I just work all of the time 🙂
- I never graduated – College was a great experience for me. I worked my butt off, but not on the things I was supposed to. I became obsessed with computer architecture, compilers and operating systems and ignored everything else. I left school to join a startup called Da Vinci Systems – one of the early email vendors (before many people had LANs 🙂
- I have 4 children – 11, 8, 6, 1. Being from a family of 2 children, I never imagined myself with 4 but I guess my wife had a say too 🙂
- I am a wood worker – I haven’t had much time the last few years for it but I love to do lathe work. I have made hundreds of every roundish shape you can imagine – bowls, balls, boxes, candle sticks, trays, goblets, … Much to my wife’s chagrin, they are scattered all over the house. I’ve given away dozens just to try to keep down the build up.
- I don’t have TV – There’s all kinds of reasons. We built this house we’re in ourselves (my dad’s in the construction business and he and I did a lot of the work). When we moved in we planned to get cable but the house is out in the country and pretty far from a large populace. It turned out getting the cable company to run a cable to our house took 6 months and by that time we didn’t miss the TV any more so now we’ve been without it for 4 years.
- I hate coffee – Somehow I managed to make it through 8 years in Seattle, the capital of coffee and maintain my dislike of it – I don’t like the taste, the smell, anything about it. Unfortunately my wife, who didn’t like coffee either, was lured to the dark side and now we have an espresso machine and she makes lattes. She’s kind enough to never use it when I’m in the house 🙂