The C# Developer’s Guide to Shipping Better Apps with Visual Studio App Center
At our annual Microsoft Connect event in November, we announced the General Availability of Visual Studio App Center, combining our best developer services, incuding Xamarin Test Cloud and HockeyApp, into one free, easy-to-use cloud service to help you ship better apps, faster. From building in the cloud to automatically testing on thousands of real devices, distributing to testers and app stores, and monitoring real-time crash and analytics data, Visual Studio App Center fully supports Xamarin apps.
Many of you have already starting using App Center, but we know some of you haven’t had a chance to try it out yet. To help you jumpstart a year of shipping amazing apps, we’ve rounded up our favorite resources that we think everyone will find useful, whether you’ve already started playing with App Center or are just starting out.
If you’re completely new to Visual Studio App Center, this introductory session from Microsoft Connect(); is a great place to start.
To get up and running with DevOps, you’ll want to check out this session on CI/CD DevOps Pipeline for Mobile Apps and Services.
Whether you’re new to mobile or are looking to improve your 15th, 50th, or 650th app, Visual Studio App Center makes it easier than ever to simplify and automate your iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS app lifecycle, all in one place.
Getting Started Videos
These short, technical videos will get you up and running with Visual Studio App Center quickly.
- Get Your Continuous Delivery Pipeline Up and Running in a Few Minutes
- Automate App UI Tests with Visual Studio App Center
- Distribute Your Apps Easily to Internal and External App Stores
- Understand Your Users with Visual Studio App Center Analytics
- Monitor Your Apps with Crash Reporting and Bug Tracking in App Center
- Engage Your Users with Push Notifications in App Center
The Best of the Visual Studio App Center Blog
These informational “how-to” style posts have everything you need to start building better apps, faster.
- Introducing App Center: Build, Test, Distribute and Monitor Apps in the Cloud: A complete overview of everything Visual Studio App Center has to offer.
- Sweeten Your Apps with Android Oreo & Visual Studio App Center: A few of the App Center team’s favorite user-facing features and backend tweaks in Android Oreo, and how Visual Studio App Center helps you use them to their fullest potential to deliver even better apps.
- Deliver Better iPhone X UX with Visual Studio App Center: Learn how App Center can help you embrace the unique aspects and capabilities of the iPhone X in your apps.
- Get Started Faster with Mobile Center: Build, Test, and Deploy your Apps with New Quickstarts: An overview of sample apps and tutorials (available for iOS and Android) with step-by-step walkthroughs of App Center services.
- Better Decisions Through Better Analytics: Visual Studio App Center with Azure Application Insights: Learn how to use Visual Studio App Center Analytics and Azure Application Insights together for robust analytics and data that provide the immediate feedback you need to determine how to engage your users, improve your apps, and/or reach a wider audience.
- Guest Post | Your Guide to Getting Feedback Fast and Building Better Apps: Learn how to use Visual Studio App Center to couple quantitative information with qualitative user feedback to deliver the best possible user experience.