I'm A VB: Shawn Greer
· How long have you been using VB?
I believe 4 years.
· What industry do you work in?
None currently. I am just a hobbyist right now.
· How big is your development team?
I currently have no team.
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
I like to make user controls on the visual side. I like games and go deep into paint functions.
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
I made a game for a friend once. It was sort of a hang man game. It used WPF and it was built to be run on a TV screen so scale was a big concern. We like to play it at his house every now and then.
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
Currently just editing my codeplex page.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
WPF, ASP.Net, sometimes SQL. Mostly if it uses any amount of VB code, I am in.
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
Intellisense, intellisense, intellisense. Every once in a while I use intellisense to learn a new command. I even love adding it to my user controls.
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
It is just so simple to me. It just makes sense to me.
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.
Are you a VB, too? Submit your story here!