I'm A VB: Daniel Rolfe
· How long have you been using VB?
I have been using VB since version 4.. too long ago to remember. I started out building basic form widgets, familiarizing myself with all the controls.
· What industry do you work in?
I am a solutions developer at a Collection Agency.
· How big is your development team?
Three, me myself and I 😉
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
I typically build solutions to streamline business processes. Reports that were once created in Excel by hand are now automatically generated daily. Numerous other projects over the years that overall helped streamline the workflows.
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
The most interesting app I’ve built would be one for Dynamic generation of Reporting Services RDLC definition files. Allowing for a dynamic number of columns on the same report, ability to group columns and toggle the visibilty of them.
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
How much cleaner it is over C#. I know both but VB looks very clean and, in my opinion, well planned.
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.