I'm A VB: Bruce Meeker
· How long have you been using VB?
· What industry do you work in?
· How big is your development team?
We have about 8 actual developers in an application group of 20. We rarely have more than 2 working a project at a time.
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
Client Server applications and interfaces to third party software.
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
A toss-up between one I worked on for the Health Physics organization about 3 years ago on VB6 and the one I’m currently working on now for Procedure Maintenance and Control (PMAC) on VB.Net 2008.
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
PMAC is an application for identifying deficiencies in Controlled procedures, tracking through the revision process, producing QA records and vaulting them in our EDMS system. Our plant makes approximately 2000 procedure revisions a year.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
Oracle PL/SQL. Some XML.
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
Hands down my favorite is intelliSense. Outside of PL/SQL I don’t really have much to compare to other than some C# applications. It’s just easier for me to read VB code.
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
Ease of use. RAD.
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.
Are you a VB, too? Submit your story here!