I'm A VB: Adam Hall
· How long have you been using VB?
· What industry do you work in?
· How big is your development team?
2 devs inhouse, with 5 extras outsourced for various projects.
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
Large, dynamic SEO-friendly web pages.
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
A cool little admin tool for listing out all stored procedures in your database, and being able to run any of them. Parameters within the stored procedures can be associated with a query, so that you can choose values to input from a dropdown list. This allows you to create admin tools purely in the database, without having to code anything…
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
Wonderful mapping integration to our website.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
SQL server, XML, CSS, Helicontech IISAPI rewrite rules, Telligent Community Server.
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
Visual Studio intelliSense, simple APIs, easy to use Object Oriented philosophies, enumeration support, massive amounts of help online.
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
It’s really simple to learn and skim, even if you aren’t programming minded..
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.
Are you a VB, too? Submit your story here!