PowerTip: Automatically Find Options in PowerShell
Summary: Learn how to see available options in the Windows PowerShell ISE.
How can I easily see what options are available when I type in a cmdlet name in the Windows PowerShell ISE?
Use IntelliSense. There are two ways to display IntelliSense:
1. From the Edit menu, select Start Intellisense.
2. Use the Ctrl-Space keyboard shortcut as follows:
- In the Script pane of the Windows PowerShell ISE (the upper white box) type Get-Process.
- Type a space after the final “s” in Get-Process.
- From the Edit menu, select Start IntelliSense.
- Choose the process name from the drop-down list that appears.