Oh no, it’s inspection time again
I recreate below a memo attached to the office doors of some occupants of the Microsoft RedWest campus fourteen years ago today.
From: Reel Estate & Faculties Executive Notifications
Sent: Friday, April 1, 2005
To: People in REDW-A; People in REDW-B; People in REDW-C; People in REDW-D; People in REDW-E
Subject: BUILDING NOTICE: RedWest campus – Office Inspection
April 4th, 2005
7:00am to 7:00pm (Pacific Time)
Duration: 1 day
It is Inspection Time again! As every five years, a Microsoft Executive, a Microsoft VP and a State of Washington Health & Safety Department representative, will inspect randomly selected workplaces in RedWest buildings A, B, C, D, & E.
YOUR OFFICE HAS BEEN SELECTED
FOR THIS INSPECTION
MSN has coordinated with the representatives of the buildings to confirm this date is acceptable.
- This inspection will impact randomly selected building occupants. Inspections will be conducted during normal work hours and your cooperation is required to minimize the impact. There will be some minimal noise associated with this inspection.
- Inspections logs will be available upon request.
Actions Required: IMPORTANT READ HERE
You are required to return your office to the original configuration by Monday 7:00am (Pacific Time). This includes but it is not limited to:
- Removing clocks, posters and calendars from walls
- Removing personal photos and photo frames from desks and walls
- Removing stickers from doors and windows
- Returning non safety compliant light fixtures to your Admin
- Untangling all computer cables
- Making sure your desk is not cluttered with paper, files, office supplies (the Washington State Safety Law allows workplace desks to have a 25% maximum occupied space)
- Storing all office supplies in your cabinet drawer (all cabinet drawers should remain UNLOCKED)
- Retuming all stored bulk supplies (such as paper reams) to your floor’s Copy Room
- Tuming off all unnecessary lights end equipments (printers, scanners, etc.)
- Steam-cleaning carpets and dusting desks and window’s sills
Inspections will be performed in selected offices throughout the whole day, starting with the first floor of each buil ing in alphabetical order.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter. If this inspection will impact critical business operations, or if you have any questions or concems, please contact a-fday.
Reel Estate & Faculties Executive Team