Low code bot onboards members to Microsoft Teams channel
Learn from the community is a series of articles to highlight real-life project scenarios covered in Show & Tell interviews at Microsoft 365 Developer YouTube. It’s a great opportunity for me to inspire you with the end-to-end solutions built upon Microsoft Cloud and help you for your next project with useful resources.
Communities have become a crucial part of our lives through popular communication apps such as Microsoft Teams or Discord. Think about our school classes, work-related groups, or communities that relate to our hobbies. Some of us take responsibility in these communities as well. When we are responsible in a community, our fundamental aim is to onboard and most importantly verify new members who just joined the community.
About the solution
A group of Microsoft Learn Student Ambassadors observed this challenge and decided to build a solution that offers easy member verification and onboarding process for the communities. They leveraged from low code tools while designing the solution:
- Power Virtual Agent is used for designing a bot to drive communication with users during the registration process and help them join the community smoothly
- Power Automate flow is created to track user’s registration status through user’s email address gathered from the Power Virtual Agent Bot and guide new users through the new registration
- A custom Azure Function is created to handle the registration process of the communities on Microsoft Teams or Discord and function is consumed in Power Automate flow with new user’s email address gathered from the Power Virtual Agent Bot
Community onboarding and member verification solution is an open-source project and can be reused by other communities to ease the initial steps for new users who want to become a part of the community.
🔗 Useful links
- Community onboarding and verification solution:
- Microsoft Learn
- Microsoft Docs
- Microsoft Learn Student Ambassadors Program
📖 More articles in Learn from the Community series
- Employee survey solution built with Microsoft Teams and Power Platform
- Low-code Q&A bot for Microsoft Teams helps communities provide better onboarding process
- Microsoft AI MVP designs a Microsoft Teams bot to centralize tools for employees
- Chatbot for Microsoft Teams personal and group chats
- React web app and Azure QnA bot to centralize learning resources
- Microsoft Teams and Moodle online learning solution