Microsoft MVPs digitize knowledge in a Community Bot for OneDrive
Learn from the community is a series of articles to highlight real-life project scenarios covered in Show & Tell interviews at Microsoft 365 Developer YouTube. It’s a great opportunity for me to inspire you with the end-to-end solutions built upon Microsoft Cloud and help you for your next project with useful resources.
Digitizing a person’s knowledge as a bot that will continue to learn and grow. That sounds genius for sure! Microsoft MVPs Hans, Thomas and Stephan explained to me excitedly how they digitized Han’s OneDrive knowledge and built community bot for OneDrive that is available today in the Microsoft Teams App Store to all Microsoft Teams users. It is sometimes challenging to find an answer to a question, and when we find a subject matter expert (SME) in the related field, time zone or SME’s schedule might be the issue for getting an answer right away.
The aim of the Community Bot for OneDrive project is to provide support to millions of Microsoft Teams users about their OneDrive and OneDrive for Business related questions any time.
Community Bot for OneDrive is designed as a Microsoft Teams Bot, and it leverages:
- Azure Bot Service and Bot Framework to build the bot infrastructure
- QnAMaker Cognitive Service to generate the knowledge base about OneDrive and OneDrive for Business
- Translator Cognitive Service to give support in multiple languages
The Community Bot for OneDrive continues to learn and grow its knowledge. The project is not open source yet, but the bot itself is available in the Microsoft Teams App Store and can be used by all Microsoft Teams users.
🔗 Useful links
- Community Bot for OneDrive
- Microsoft Learn
- Microsoft Docs
📖 More articles in Learn from the Community series
- Low code bot onboards members to Microsoft Teams channel
- Employee survey solution built with Microsoft Teams and Power Platform
- Low-code Q&A bot for Microsoft Teams helps communities provide better onboarding process
- Microsoft AI MVP designs a Microsoft Teams bot to centralize tools for employees
- Chatbot for Microsoft Teams personal and group chats
- React web app and Azure QnA bot to centralize learning resources
- Microsoft Teams and Moodle online learning solution