Help us help you! What desktop apps are you bringing to .NET Core 3.0?
Windows Desktop applications are coming to .NET Core. The recently released .NET Core 3.0 Preview 1 version includes WinForms and WPF support.
To make .NET Core 3.0 viable for as many of you as possible, we have created a survey to understand the types of desktop applications you want to build with .NET Core. Based on the information you provide, we may contact some of you (if you agree) to collaborate on your .NET Core 3.0 efforts. We’ll learn from working with you how to improve the experience and documentation for bringing desktop applications to .NET Core.
There are many reasons to choose .NET Core for building desktop apps, such as:
- More deployment options (like the ability to install multiple versions of .NET Core. side-by-side as well as publish self-contained apps).
- Better high DPI support.
- More frequent updates.
- Improved performance.
- Benefiting from the open-source community.
- New features that are only available on .NET Core (such as
The survey should take about 3 minutes to complete.
- .NET Core 3.0 Preview 1 blogpost
- WinForms repo and WPF repo
- WinForms samples and WPF samples
- Porting guidelines