Watch Now! Azure Cosmos DB Essentials Season 3
Season 3 is finally here! Explore and dive into the diverse types of architectures our customers use to build lightweight IoT & real-time telemetry applications by leveraging Azure Cosmos DB. Mustafa Branch and Mark Brown walkthrough use case diagrams, explain how data flows throughout the cloud application architecture, and explore the relevant Azure Cosmos DB features and capabilities for this use case.
Azure Cosmos DB Data Ingestion
Azure Cosmos DB has the capability to ingest substantial amounts of data to support your applications by leveraging the following capabilities:
- Azure Cosmos DB is Horizontally Scalable: Database can continue to grow in size and thruput as we increase in size and data
- Change Feed: Allows for data written to Cosmos DB to be easily integrated into various microservices
- Schema Agnostic: Azure Cosmos DB allows for schemas to be written at the application level thus, changes to the ingested data will not require changes to the DB schema on the back end.
- Analytics with Synapse Link: Developers can build and monitor real-time analytics with their operational data
Real World Use Case: IoT & Real-Time Telemetry
Azure Cosmos DB is perfect for applications that require low response times and massive amounts of read/write requests. First, these systems need to ingest data bursts from various locales’ device sensors. Next, these systems process and analyze streaming data to derive real-time insights. The data is then archived in cold storage for batch analytics. Microsoft Azure offers rich services that can be applied for IoT use cases including Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Event Hubs, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Notification Hub, Azure Machine Learning, Azure HDInsight, and Power BI.
Real-World Use Case: Retail & Marketing
Azure Cosmos DB is extensively used throughout the retail e-commerce industry for managing data such as a product catalog. Every SKU for the e-commerce store may have different attributes, colors, styles, etc. Azure Cosmos DB’s flexible schema and hierarchical data can easily retrieve and store this data for businesses of all sizes!
Get Started with Azure Cosmos DB
Azure Cosmos DB is a fully managed NoSQL database for modern app development with SLA-backed speed and availability, automatic and instant scalability, and open-source APIs for MongoDB, Cassandra, and other NoSQL engines. Discover features or capabilities at www.AzureCosmosDB.com or get started for free. For up-to-date news on all things, Azure Cosmos DB be sure to follow us on Twitter, YouTube, and our blog.
- Explore Azure Cosmos DB use cases and architectures
- Azure IoT reference architecture
- Azure Cosmos DB use cases and architectures
- Learn Azure Cosmos DB in 20 hours
- Learn more about Azure Cosmos DB