Links to MSBuild tasks to extend your build system
Build systems need to do all sorts of things, from updating web sites to deploying databases. Often, the tasks needed to do these things are available, but finding them can be a challenge. I’ve collected links to various MSBuild task collections that you can plug into your Team Build scripts. Hopefully, you’ll find something that helps you get more out of your build.
- Microsoft Services (UK) Enterprise Solutions Build Framework (SBF): Sdc.Tasks is an MSBUILD tasks library which provides more than two hundred tasks for driving continuous integration builds, deploying and testing applications and much more (partial task listing). The Solutions Build Framework is a set of tools and procedures that represents MSUK best practice for developing enterprise applications. This includes continuous integration build; automated multi box rig deployment; automated testing; automated documentation. These downloads provide source code and binaries for all of the above, allowing a developer to take as much or as little of the functionality as required.
- http://msbuildtasks.tigris.org/: The MSBuild Community Tasks Project is an open source project for MSBuild tasks. The goal of the project is to provide a collection of open source tasks for MSBuild.
- MSBuild code gallery: Here you will find AssemblyInfoTask and MSBuild Task Generator.
- Sedodream MSBuild Project: This project will contain MSBuild Tasks, Loggers and other related content. All the content for the MSDN article Inside MSBuild will be placed and maintained here. Also all the MSBuild related code for the book Deploying .NET Applications Learning MSBuild and ClickOnce will be co-located here.
- Automated Report and DB Deployment: This library wraps the RS.exe tool and the OSQL.exe tool in custom MSBuild tasks, so you can automate Reporting Services Report and Scripting deployment, and SQL server object scripting into an MSBuild project. The Osql custom task is based on the sample by Joey Benninghove, found on his blog, joeydotnet (http://devauthority.com/blogs/joeydotnet/archive/2006/05/23/1117.aspx).
[UPDATE 5/30/2007] The SDC Tasks Library that was on GotDotNet is now on CodePlex at http://www.codeplex.com/sdctasks.