Application Insights extension for Visual Studio Update – May 12
Today we shipped an update (version 1.3) of our plugin for Visual Studio 2013 that makes working with Application Insights from Visual Studio really easy. Improvements include:
- Intro to portal experience from VS New!
- When you run your application for the first time a toast notification will notify when new events are appearing in the portal
- An “Application Insights” toolbar button will appear in the VS toolbar when you start debugging to give you easy access to the portal
- Single sign on experience New!
- When navigating to the portal from VS, you will not need to re-enter your credentials in order to sign in.
- Bug fixes based on feedback
If you have any of the Preview releases, you can get the update several ways, including:
In Visual Studio, select Tools > Extensions and Updates, then click Updates > Visual Studio Gallery
Select the Application Insights Tools for Visual Studio extension
If you don’t already have the tools, you can download the latest version here:
Download Application Insights Tools for Visual Studio
As always, let us know what you think.