Microsoft Cloud in the UK now open
On September 7, 2016 Microsoft became the first global cloud provider to offer a complete cloud with data residency in the UK when we announced the general availability of Azure and Office 365 from new UK datacenter locations. The Microsoft Cloud in the UK empowers the digital transformation of businesses and public sector organizations, helping them increase productivity and meet compliance and policy requirements.
Government customers in the UK are already choosing Microsoft for their digital transformation initiatives, as they can now move critical workloads to the cloud. See some of the media coverage from this announcement:
- CBR: Microsoft claims UK cloud dominance over AWS with local data centres
- BBC: Microsoft’s UK data centres power up cloud services
- The Daily Mail: Microsoft offers wide range of cloud services from UK datacenters
- The Daily Telegraph: Ministry of Defence switches to the cloud as Microsoft opens first UK data centres
- Reuters: Microsoft offers wide range of cloud services from UK datacenters
Read more at the Microsoft News Centre UK post.
To stay up to date on all things Azure Government, be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed and to receive emails by clicking “Subscribe by Email!” on the Azure Government Blog.