Azure Government releases 40+ new services, nearing parity with Azure commercial
Ongoing investments deliver rapid pace of innovation for mission across all data classifications
In the last six months we’ve released more than 40 new services in Azure Government – along with 101 total services now accredited at FedRAMP High – continuing our commitment to invest in Azure commercial parity and rapidly deliver new Azure Government capabilities to support mission needs across all data classifications.
As we’ve talked with mission owners, you’ve asked us to bring many of these services into the environment to enhance your ability to innovate faster. Services like Azure Sentinel, which gives you Intelligent security analytics across your digital estate, and Azure Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) which helps SecOps analysts and security professionals detect advanced attacks in hybrid environments.
We’ve also released Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) to bring you serverless Kubernetes, with integrated continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and enterprise-grade security and governance, and other fully managed services like Azure Bastion to help you more easily protect network security and privacy.
See the full list of new services below and reach out to us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AI + Machine Learning
- Azure Cognitive Search
- Cognitive Services – Custom Vision
- Cognitive Services – QnA Maker
- Machine Learning Service
- Virtual Machines – NCv3 Series
- Virtual Machines – Dedicated Host
- Virtual Machines – Software Plan
- Virtual Machines – NVv3 Series
Databases and Storage
Management and Governance
- Azure Bastion
- Azure Private Link
- Azure Front Door
- Content Delivery Network
- Virtual WAN
- Azure DNS Private Zones
- Azure DDoS Protection Standard
- Azure Web Application Firewall – Regional v2
- Azure Web Application Firewall Global
- Azure Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)
- Microsoft Cloud App Security
- Azure Security for IoT
- Azure Sentinel
- Azure Active Directory Domain Services
- Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection
Web and Power Apps
*New region added
For a complete list of services in Azure Government, view Azure services by region. You can also view our full list of services with FedRAMP High coverage on the Azure Government audit scope documentation page.