Azure Government continues to expand FedRAMP High coverage
21 new services added to FedRAMP High ATO as part of ongoing work to make cloud innovation more accessible to government agencies
Microsoft now has 101 services covered by the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) High Provisional Authorization to Operate (P-ATO) for Azure Government – more services than any other cloud provider.
You can find a full list of Azure Government services with FedRAMP High coverage in the Azure Government audit scope documentation.
Which new services are now in scope for FedRAMP?
- Archive Storage: Industry leading price point for storing rarely accessed data. Lowest-priced storage tier. Data at rest automatically encrypted. Seamless integration with hot and cool storage tiers. Supported by leading data management partners.
- Azure Advanced Threat Protection: Detect and investigate advanced attacks on-premises and in the cloud. Identify suspicious user and device activity with both known-technique detection and behavioral analytics. Analyze threat intelligence from the cloud and on-premises.
- Azure Blueprints: Templates for quick, repeatable creation of fully governed cloud subscriptions. Simplify largescale Azure deployments by packaging key environment artifacts, such as Azure Resource Manager templates, role-based access controls, and policies, in a single blueprint definition. Easily apply the blueprint to new subscriptions and environments and fine-tune control and management through versioning.
- Azure Cloud Shell: Your Microsoft-managed admin machine in Azure, for Azure. Get authenticated shell access to Azure from virtually anywhere. Use common tools and programming languages in a shell that’s updated and maintained by Microsoft. Persist your files across sessions in attached Azure Files.
- Azure Cognitive Search: Azure Cognitive Search is the only cloud search service with built-in AI capabilities that enrich all types of information to easily identify and explore relevant content at scale. Formerly known as Azure Search.
- Azure Stack Edge: Azure Stack Edge, previously Azure Data Box Edge, brings the compute power, storage, and intelligence of Azure right to where you need it—whether that’s your corporate data center, your branch office, or your remote field asset.
- Azure Data Explorer: Get fast, fully managed data analytics service for real-time analysis on large volumes of data streaming from applications, websites, IoT devices, and more.
- Azure Database Migration Service: Accelerate your transition to the cloud. Use a simple, self-guided migration process. Get comprehensive assessments detailing pre-migration steps. Migrate at scale from multiple sources to your target database.
- Azure Dedicated HSM: Maintain full administrative and cryptographic control of your hardware security modules (HSM). Validated for FIPS 140-2 Level 3 and eIDAS Common Criteria EAL4+.
- Azure Firewall: Protect your Azure Virtual Network resources with a managed cloud-based network security service.
- Azure Managed Applications: Enable managed service providers (MSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), and enterprise IT teams to deliver turnkey solutions through the Azure Marketplace or service catalog.
- Azure Resource Graph: Query, explore, and analyze your cloud resources at scale. Quickly and efficiently query across Azure subscriptions. Analyze your cloud inventory using complex querying launched programmatically or from the Azure portal. And, assess the impact of applying policy in extensive cloud environments.
- Azure Stream Analytics: Serverless real-time analytics, from the cloud to the edge. Go from zero to production in minutes using SQL—easily extensible with custom code and built-in machine learning capabilities for more advanced scenarios.
- Cost Management: Optimize cloud costs while maximizing cloud potential. Take advantage of the tools included in your Azure subscription to get more value out of the cloud and implement financial governance in your organization.
- Microsoft Cloud App Security: Strengthen the security of your cloud workloads with built-in services. Protect data, apps, and infrastructure quickly with built-in security services in Azure that include unparalleled security intelligence to help identify rapidly evolving threats early—so you can respond quickly.
- Network Watcher Traffic Analytics: Traffic analytics analyzes Network Watcher network security group (NSG) flow logs to provide insights into traffic flow in your Azure cloud, including hot spots, security threats, and traffic flows.
- Power Query Online: Microsoft’s Data Connectivity and Data Preparation technology that lets you seamlessly access data stored in hundreds of sources and reshape it to fit your needs—all with an easy to use, engaging, no-code experience.
- Speech services: Convert audio to text, perform speech translation and text-to-speech with the unified Speech services.
- New Dynamics 365 for US Government capabilities, Forms Pro, Dynamics 365 Integrator App, and Dynamics 365 Service Omni-Channel Engagement Hub.
Azure Government provides the most trusted cloud for mission-critical government workloads. This environment includes a unique cloud instance, exclusively for government customers and their solution providers, and hardened US datacenters operated by extensively screened personnel.