Xamarin and .NET Developer Events in February
This February, discover the world of Xamarin and .NET development through in-person and virtual opportunities happening all month long. Explore recent news and updates with your community at local developer Meetups, or online from the comfort of your home!
Below are just a few of the community events happening this month. For a full list of developer engagements, browse through our Community page. It includes links to local Meetups, Github, and StackOverflow accounts. As well as the developer Twitter, Gitter, and Facebook pages. Don’t forget to add your upcoming events to the Xamarin Events Forum and tweet the details to @XamarinEvents to be included in next month’s event blog!
Developer Events in February:
- Des Moines, IA. USA | Iowa .NET User Group: [.NET@Night] Walking into Mordor: The History and Future of DevOps
- Toronto, ON. Canada | Toronto Mobile .NET Developers Group: Developer Day Dual-Screen Experiences – SDK Launch Viewing Party at MS Reactor
- Montréal, QC. Canada | Montreal Mobile .NET Developers: gRPC for .NET Developers: all you need to know
- Spokane, WA. USA | Spokane .NET Users Group: Polishing Your Unit Testing Code
- Rochester, NY. USA | Rochester Xamarin Meetup: Mobile development design
- Sao Paulo, Brazil | Developers-BR: [Online] Chaos Engineering in .NET
- Cape Town, South Africa | Cape Town MS Developer User Group (@CPTMSDUG): Journey to Event-driven Microservices
- Minneapolis, MN. USA | Minnesota Enterprise Mobile: Building a Backend for Your Mobile Apps with Visual Studio App Center
- Sydney, Australia | MonkeyFest AU: Australia’s Ultimate Xamarin & Mobile Development Conference
- Singapore, Singapore | MonkeyFest 2020: The Ultimate Xamarin Conference packed with the latest and best of Native Cross Platform Development with .Net
- Edmonton, AB. USA | Edmonton .NET User Group: Lukasz Rozycki – ASP.NET Core and MVC 5
- Roseville, CA. USA | Sacramento / Placer Users of DotNet: DotNet and Docker In Depth 🎓
101 .NET Video Tutorials
Discover the world of .NET Core with experts like Scott Hanselman and Kendra Havens from Microsoft. They walk through the ins and outs of .NET and how to build your first app.
- Check out our newest 101 video tutorial series for .NET!
The .NET ecosystem is continuously growing and empowering developers to create amazing applications. Join us as we take a look at the APIs, the tooling, and some of the interesting projects being created in the .NET ecosystem.
- Browse through Channel 9’s On .NET for tons of great content.
The Xamarin Show is all about native cross-platform mobile development for iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows with Xamarin. Join your host James Montemagno and guests as they discuss building mobiles apps, integrating SDKs, and extending mobile apps. As well as the latest Xamarin news. They also cover awesome apps mobile developers are building, and so much more.
- Tune into The Xamarin Show to create amazing applications.
Keep up with the latest in mobile and cloud with the official Visual Studio Mobile Developer podcast. Join your co-hosts Matt Soucoup and James Montemagno as they discuss what’s new in native cross-platform mobile and cloud development in C#, Xamarin, and Azure.
- Subscribe to the Xamarin Podcast for monthly updates.
Join us for special Microsoft events, training opportunities, and talk shows with folks that build the Microsoft tools and frameworks. We’ll also host channels from technical community members that we know you’ll find interesting.
- Learn more about .NET, .NET Core, and Visual Studio through the Visual Studio Twitch.
- Follow Jeff Fritz on Twitch to watch him write .NET code live for websites and applications.
- Get content related to mobile app design & development with a heavy emphasis on UX, Xamarin, and collaboration with David Ortinau on Twitch.
- Hang with James Montemagno on Twitch Fridays at 2PM PST for .NET Coding, Xamarin, GitHub, & more.
- Watch Toronto Mobile Developers live stream their next user group event.
- Find localized content from LATAM by MVPs and community leaders.
Meetups are a fun way to meet other like-minded developers and now, joining couldn’t be easier. Learn tricks & tips, discover the latest in Xamarin and .NET, or come just to be inspired.
- Get the most from browsing our Community page!
Find presentations for building native mobile applications for iOS and Android with .NET and Xamarin. Each presentation folder contains PowerPoint presentation decks and README files with information on the presentation.
- Browse through the Xamarin Community Slide Decks
Get More Out of .NET
Join .NET Foundation Meetup Pro! With more than 340 groups in over 60 countries, there is a local developer group for everyone! Not seeing events in your area? Get the following support to start your own User Group by joining the .NET Foundation:
- Meetup fee coverage;
- Promotion of upcoming events;
- Access to swag and giveaway items;
- Free technical content for presentations;
- User group analytics and group visibility;
- News about upcoming releases and how to get involved.
February Community Events
Find the full list of developer engagements this February through our Community page. Find links to Meetups, Github, and StackOverflow accounts. As well as the developer Twitter, Gitter, and Facebook pages. Follow @XamarinEvents for upcoming Xamarin and .NET related events near you!