End of Support for Visual Studio 2008 – in One Year
In line with our ten-year support policy, Visual Studio 2008, its associated products, runtimes, and components will cease to be supported from April 10, 2018. Though your Visual Studio 2008 applications will continue to work, we encourage you to port, migrate, and upgrade your Visual Studio projects over the next year, to ensure you continue to receive support. Visit visualstudio.com to get the most up-to-date version of Visual Studio.
Microsoft will no longer provide security updates, technical support, or hotfixes when support ends on April 10, 2018, for the following products:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (All editions)
- Microsoft Visual C# 2008 (All editions)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 (All editions)
- Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 (All editions)
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 (All editions)
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Explorer
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Foundation Server
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Test Load Agent
- Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
All later versions of Visual Studio products will continue to be supported for the duration of their established support lifecycles. More information on these products is available on the Servicing for Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server products page.
You can also check out the lifecycle information for .NET, C++ and Windows components on the Microsoft Support Lifecycle site.
Lastly, Microsoft Visual J# Version 2.0 Redistributable Package Second Edition will also cease to be supported on October 10, 2017.
The best way to continue to get full support for Visual Studio products is to upgrade to the latest versions. Visit VisualStudio.com for information on the latest Visual Studio products.