Quick and dirty buzzword bingo cards in Excel
At the Battlestar Galactica party, our hosts needed to create some Battlestar Galactica-themed buzzword bingo cards and asked me to help out. Here’s how I did it:
- Build a list of words and phrases in column A.
- In column B, next to each word or phrase, enter “=rand()”. You can use Jensen’s “block entry” trick.
- Build your bingo card elsewhere on the sheet.
- In the upper left square of the bingo card, enter “=A1”; in the next square, “=A2”, and so on.
- Highlight cell B1.
- Click the “Sort ascending” button on the toolbar.
- Print your bingo card.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until satisfied.
It’s not beautiful, but it gets the job done.