Lessons from the trenches
Lessons I learned from working in product support the past few days:
- If the husband is in the room, hope that he leaves. (He will second-guess everything you do.)
- If there’s a 14-year-old in the room, hope the parents give the phone to him/her. (Teenagers type a lot faster.)
- Hope you get a grandma. They’re not the fastest typists in the world, but they’re so sweet you don’t mind.
- If they don’t have a second phone line for their computer, ask if they have a cell phone. Call them on the cell phone so you can talk them through the rest of the steps.
- Get a binaural headset as soon as possible.