Learn how to develop apps with the Microsoft Graph Toolkit
We’re excited to announce that we’ve released a new learning path for Microsoft Graph Toolkit. The Develop apps with the Microsoft Graph Toolkit learning path is the best way to learn about what Microsoft Graph Toolkit is, how it works and how to get the most out of it. The learning path offers you a structured way to learn and practice developing apps with Microsoft Graph Toolkit.
Microsoft Graph Toolkit – the easiest way to connect your app to Microsoft 365
If you want to connect your app to Microsoft 365, you need to take care of a few things. First, you need to ensure that users can sign in to your app with their Microsoft 365 account. Then, you need to get an access token to call Microsoft Graph – the API that exposes data and insights stored in Microsoft 365. Finally, you need to call Microsoft Graph and display the retrieved data. Microsoft Graph Toolkit abstracts all of this away. By using the toolkit components and authentication providers, you can easily connect to Microsoft 365 and focus on building apps that add value to your customers.
About the learning path
The Develop apps with the Microsoft Graph Toolkit learning path consists of four modules:
- Configure and style Microsoft Graph Toolkit components using attributes and CSS shows you how to configure toolkit components to match the user experience of your app.
- Customize the presentation of Microsoft Graph Toolkit components using templates teaches you how to customize components and rendering and shows you some tips and tricks for troubleshooting common issues.
- Improve your app’s performance when using Microsoft Graph Toolkit explains the caching capabilities of the toolkit to help you make your app fast.
What you need to know to complete this learning path
Develop apps with the Microsoft Graph Toolkit is perfect for new developers with no prior knowledge of the Microsoft Graph Toolkit who want to connect their apps to Microsoft 365.
To complete this module, you will need:
- Basic knowledge of authentication
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Microsoft 365 developer tenant
- Visual Studio Code
- Visual Studio Code Live Server
Start learning about the Microsoft Graph Toolkit today
Using the Microsoft Graph Toolkit is the easiest way to connect your app to Microsoft 365. But don’t just take our word for it. Complete the Develop apps with the Microsoft Graph Toolkit learning path and experience it for yourself. And we’d love to hear how you liked it!
This post was written by Cloud Advocates Ayca Bas and Waldek Mastykarz.