Low-code Q&A bot for Microsoft Teams helps communities provide better onboarding process
Learn from the community is a series of articles to highlight real-life project scenarios covered in Show & Tell interviews at Microsoft 365 Developer YouTube. It’s a great opportunity for me to inspire you with the end-to-end solutions built upon Microsoft Cloud and help you for your next project with useful resources.
If we are new in a community or a program, often times we have some questions during the onboarding process. It is possible that there may be a time zone difference or work schedule. Admins might not always be available to answer questions. A group of Microsoft Learn Student Ambassadors built a Microsoft Teams bot to provide better onboarding and support in such communities. Student Ambassadors targeted the Microsoft Learn Educator Ambassador Community that is a community of educators who are there to learn, build and share together. Ambassadors designed a community bot with low-code tools to handle questions asked by educators.
This community bot is designed using Power Platform and consumes Microsoft Teams as a channel to provide answers to questions asked by educators. Additional technologies include:
- SharePoint list is used as a database to feed QnAMaker knowledge base.
- QnAMaker Cognitive Service is used for building a knowledge base and the community bot was created automatically in QnAMaker portal with zero code.
- Power Automate flow is designed to update the QnAMaker knowledge base with the new or modified questions in the SharePoint list.
- Power App is built to help admins easily add new question and answer pairs which reflects to the bot’s knowledge base.
- Microsoft Teams is consumed as a channel to the community bot.
Microsoft Learn Educator Ambassador Community bot is an open-source project and can be reused by other communities to provide support to their community members.
🔗 Useful links
- Microsoft Learn Educator Ambassador Community Bot for Microsoft Teams:
- Microsoft Learn
- Microsoft Docs
- Microsoft Learn Student Ambassadors Program
More articles in Learn from the community series
- Microsoft AI MVP designs a Microsoft Teams bot to centralize tools for employees
- Chatbot for Microsoft Teams personal and group chats
- React web app and Azure QnA bot to centralize learning resources
- Microsoft Teams and Moodle online learning solution