Top stories from the VSTS community – 2018.05.04
Here are top stories we found in our streams this week related to DevOps, VSTS, TFS and other interesting topics, listed in no specific order:
- Recent work on the Countdown Widget for VSTS
Henry Been shares the latest updates and future work he’s planning for the VSTS Countdown widget.
- Take Two: Another Approach for Team Development Workflow with Umbraco Cloud
Paul Sterling shows us an alternate Continuous Deployment (CD) configuration with Umbraco Cloud using Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
- Version Update, Code Signing and publishing to the PowerShell Gallery with VSTS
Rob Sewell, the @sqldbawithbeard, presents continuous delivery for modules to the PowerShell gallery.
- DevOps as a key to success with the microservices approach
Bartosz Jedrzejewski looks at one thing that often connects the winners – the use of DevOps practices and culture.
- DevOps Presentation: Reality or Fiction
Mark Michaelis shares his views and deck for a great discussion on DevOps with immature teams, biggest obstacles, tooling, and more.
- VSTS, One Team Project and Inverse Conway Maneuver
Colin Dembovsky spends his time on the plane watching a fascinating talk by Allan Kelley about Continuous Delivery and Conway’s Law (“Any organization that designs a system (defined broadly) will produce a design whose structure is a copy of the organization’s communication structure.”)
- DOD has made it illegal to do waterfall
Martin Hinshelwood walks us through another interesting Agile story and suggests that the last vestiges of the old ways are gone.
- Database testing and ETL processes
Ed Elliott mentions that Unit testing using tSQLt is really great. But, what happens when you have more complicated processes like an ETL process?
- Deploy SSIS packages from TFS/VSTS Build/Release
Mario Majčica shows how he automates the build and deployment of his Integration Services Projects (.dtproj type).
- Announcing the DevOps Resource Center
Sam Guckenheimer shares one of the favorite parts of his job – curating a web site with the stories of how we work.
- Interview with TQ (Microservices Versioning)
Donovan Brown interviews the VSTS Architect TQ, who shows us how VSTS designs and versions its Microservices.
- Deploying Azure Functions with VSTS
Damian is joined by fellow Aussie Simon Waight at the MVP Summit to talk about deploying Azure Functions with VSTS.
Are you attending the Microsoft Build event from May 7-9 in person or tuning in live? Are you planning to share your experiences and/or exciting announcements on your blog?
If yes, please tweet me on @wpschaub, so that we can consider your post(s) for the next top stories summary.
TIP: If you want to get your VSTS news in audio form then be sure to subscribe to RadioTFS .
Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Add a comment below
- Use the #VSTS hashtag if you have articles you would like to see included