Dashboard Updates Generally Available
We’re excited to announce updates to the new dashboard experience. This new experience lets you:
- Easily switch between your team’s dashboards
- Fine tune team permissions on individual dashboards
- Find and favorite the dashboards you need
It is now generally available for VSTS customers and coming to TFS in the next major version.
Get to your dashboards fast
We’ve updated the dashboard picker based on customers’ biggest piece of feedback: make it easy to switch between a team’s dashboards. The updated picker now contains two pivots: Mine and All.
The Mine pivot makes it easy to find your team dashboards and your favorited dashboards.
The All pivot continues to show you all of the dashboards within the project. You can additionally favorite any of the dashboards and they’ll appear under Favorites in the Mine pivot.
Individual dashboard permissions
Team admins can now assign team permissions to individual dashboards. To set individual dashboard permissions, click on the Settings gear on the upper right corner.
Then, click on the Manage permissions for this dashboard link. From here, a team admin can set a team’s permissions for that specific dashboard.
Team admins can also set global team dashboard permissions. By going to the Dashboard settings, under Project Settings for a team, a team admin can set permissions for their team dashboards. Whichever permissions are set here the team’s dashboards will inherit.
Dashboard Directory pages
You can now easily search and favorite any dashboard in the project by using the new dashboard directory pages. The directory page contains a Mine and an All page.
These pages highlight dashboard metadata:
- Name of the dashboard
- Which team owns the dashboard
- Description of the dashboard
The Mine directory page displays the dashboards that you have favorited, and the teams that you belong to and their corresponding dashboards. The All directory page displays all of the dashboards within the project.
- Filtering by team, or by entering a keyword in the filter box
- Favoriting of a dashboard
- Permission management and dashboard deletion, via the context menu
Besides the big changes listed above, here are some other improvements:
- Descriptions for each dashboard for easier searching
- Full screen mode support for dashboards
- Streamlined dashboard editing experience
To learn more about the new dashboard experience visit the updated documentation on dashboards.