ALM Rangers ship guidance for DevOps bug resolution using IntelliTrace
We are pleased to announce that we have shipped a new exciting project, focused on IntelliTrace, under the Visual Studio Test Tooling Guidance umbrella.
This release supplements the Test Tooling Guide with the DevOps end-end scenario, giving you access to ALM end to end labs and guidance that include bug resolution using IntelliTrace.
The Epics included in the guidance are:
- As Bill, the ALM Ranger, I would love practical and exciting DevOps & IntelliTrace Posters.
- As Abu the Build Master, I would like practical guidance on how to to configure my TFS Build server to support IntelliTrace.
- As Doris, the Developer, I would like practical guidance to resolve a bug in DevOps using IntelliTrace.
- As Jane, the Infrastructure specialist, I would like practical guidance to implement IntelliTrace in DevOps.
The guidance includes the following artefacts:
- Cheatsheet – Build Master DevOps and IntelliTrace Checklist
- Cheatsheet – IntelliTrace Cheat Sheet
- Cheatsheet – Ops view of DevOps and IntelliTrace
- Hands-on Lab – Build (Symbols Configuration & Build)
- Hands-on Lab – Dev (Client Side No Symbols Found Resolution)
- Hands-on Lab – Ops (Collection for WPF Rich Client)
- Poster – Encountering IntelliTrace technology in DevOps
- Poster – Resolving bugs in DevOps with the help of IntelliTrace
- Quick Reference Guide – Developer view of DevOps and IntelliTrace
Please also refer to Visual Studio 2012 Application Lifecycle Management Virtual Machine and Hands-on-Labs / Demo Scripts (https://aka.ms/treasure99) for additional Hands-on labs.
Special thanks to the ALM Rangers Larry Guger (product owner), Tony Whitter (project lead) and their team (Anna Galaeva, Brian Blackman, Casey O’Mara, Giulio Vian, Jesse Houwing, Marcel de Vries, Mathias Olausson, Mike Douglas and Vlatko Ivanovski) for making this happen.
Please send candid feedback!
We can’t wait to hear from you, and learn more about your experience using these guides. Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Ask a question on the CodePlex discussion forum.
- Contact me on my blog.
- Submit a suggestion on UserVoice, using the Rangers Project category tag.
- Better Unit Testing with Microsoft Fakes guide … “shipped
- Visual Studio Test Tooling Guidance team posted an update