BUILD 2014, Talks for Thursday
While I am not attending the Build conference myself, I did tune in for the keynote and bits and pieces of other live-streamed talks and look forward to catching many of the sessions over on Channel 9 once they are available.
Here is what is happening for C++ developers at Build on Thursday, 4/3:
- 8:30 am – 11:30 am, Day Two Keynote. This will be streamed on Channel 9.
- 12:00 am – 12:40 pm, Windows Desktop Development: A Panel Discussion (panelists include Ayman Shoukry and Tarek Madkour). Come talk desktop development with the product teams. Meet members of the teams and ask your desktop development questions about C++, WPF, .NET and more.
- 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm, DirectX Graphics Development with Visual Studio 2013 (Rong Lu). Whether you are using DirectX to create games or an interactive UI for Windows apps, having the right tools will make your job easier. Visual Studio provides a rich set of graphics tools for writing shaders, working with graphics assets including images and 3D models, and diagnosing DirectX graphics issues.
- 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm, Modern C++: What You Need to Know (Herb Sutter). This talk will give an update on recent progress and near-future directions for C++, both at Microsoft and across the industry. This is a great introduction to the current state of the language, including a glimpse into the future of general purpose, performance-intensive, power-friendly, powerful native programming. (There is more info on Herb’s blog.)
- 11:30 pm – 6:30 pm, Showcase. Drop by the Visual Studio booth and meet members of the Visual C++ and larger Visual Studio team. Bring your tough questions!
Share your thoughts in the comments below and as always, thanks for tuning in!