IE Add-in for filing bugs in TFS for web pages
Have you ever been in a position where someone raises a bug on a web page that you have been working on, but doesn’t supply enough information to allow you to reproduce the problem? Ok, I didn’t think it was just me 🙂
To try and help this, I’ve written an addin for IE to allow users to easily raise a complete bug report. When the user indicates that there is a problem on the page, the addin will create a new Team System Work Item and populate it with the following information:
- A screenshot attached to the work item.
- HTML source of the page and any frames and IFrames attached to the work item.
- Any style sheets referenced by the page attached to the work item
- Any script files referenced by the page attached to the work item
- Details about the user’s machine and browser (OS version, browser version, screen size, …)
Hopefully this should include a significant amount of the information you’ll need to identify the problem.
For more information, some screenshots and the download, please have a look at the project space on gotdotnet.
Looking at the screen shot, it looks really useful. One enhancement that would be really nice would be a zip file attachment containing all of the files other than the screenshot. Given how WIT attachments work in v1, it would be more convenient, especially for a large number of files.
By the way, you can use the workitem command in tfpt, the Team Foundation Power Toy (soon to be Tool) command line, to download all of the attachments for a work item.